Pro Spot's i5 SMART Spot Welder features a new medium frequency trans-gun capable of delivering 14,500A with 1,243 lbs (565 daN) of electrode force. The i5 is designed to handle all new ultra high strength steels including Boron, etc. The operator can choose between two different modes AUTO and MANUAL for the two-sided spot welding.
Based on the thickness and resistance feedback information, the i5 automatically delivers the correct weld power every time regardless of metal type, thickness or corrosion protection between the metals.
At the press of a button, the i5 measures the thickness of the metals automatically using the latest optical technology.
The i5 senses the metals to be welded from a pre-delivered current to determine the type of metal.
The i5 features a new medium frequency trans-gun capable of delivering 14,500A with 1,243 lbs (565 daN) of electrode force. Based on the thickness and resistance feedback information, the i5 delivers the correct weld power every time, regardless of type of metal or thickness.
Double Acting Gun
Pro Spot’s signature Spot Gun features double-acting cylinder, wide-spreading, self-aligning electrodes.
One of the most important features of the spot gun is its "double-acting" ability. Unlike any other trans-gun on the market, the i5 can spread the electrodes wide open with the push of a button without the operator ever having to remove his or her hands from their original positions. That not only saves time, but also assures that the operator doesn’t to have to alter their holding position in order to loosen and move the weld arm manually only to then re-tighten.
Full Colour Touchscreen Interface
The i5 comes with an all new interface that is intuitive and easy to read thanks to the high resolution full color display. Powered by software designed by professional programmers, engineers and welders.
Water Cooled Weld Arms
The i5 features a 5 gal. (20L) radiator looped cooling system all the way to the weld caps.
C2X AdapterThe X-type design is used on certain applications where the C-type arms cannot reach.
A Perfect Fit
The all new C2X Adapter was completely redesigned to weld with full force in Auto Weld Mode, the industry's first. There is no need to switch back and forth between programs. Put the new C2X Arm on the i5 and start welding.
Simple and Strong
No assembly needed. No cables needed. No more electrode changes needed. The current is transferred via a pivoting copper conductor which also allows for the buildup of electrode force.
The X-type design is used on certain applications where the C-type arms cannot reach. 90% of all welding needs can be done with a C-type arm, but for some radiator support and truck bed pinch welds, the X-adapter is priceless. This invention from Pro Spot now makes it possible to weld where you never could before!
Cabinet and Storage
The i5 comes with ample storage. The drawer under the front panel can be used to store smaller accessories while larger accessories, such as weld arms and cables, can be stored underneath for easy accessibility.
Quickly change between 2-sided and 1-sided welding. The i5 comes with several Single-Sided programs and accessories.
- Auto Weld: The i5 delivers the correct weld current, weld time, and weld pressure every weld regardless of the type of metal or thickness at the push of a button.
- Double-Acting Trans Gun: Unlike any other trans-gun on the market, the i5 can spread the electrodes wide open with the push of a button without the operator ever having to remove their hands from their original positions.
- Full Color Touch Screen Interface: High contrast, full color touch screen display featuring over 3,000 OEM screens (with weld data and repair recommendations) from several top manufactures.
- Custom Water Cooled Weld Arms: The same versatility and ease of use that Pro Spot has made a standard in the industry, but with the added functionality of a 5 gal. (20L) radiator looped cooling system all the way to the weld caps.
- Advanced Upgrade System: Upgrade your systems software via the same USB slot that you receive log-in and weld history info. No flash cards required.
- Overhead Boom and (optional) Tool Balancer.
- Hidden Tool Storage.
|Welding Amperage:||14,500A max
|Cable Length:||Input 30' (10m), weld cable 16' (5m)
|Electrode Pressure:||1243lb (565 daN)
|Liquid Cooling System:||
Radiator / pump active loop cooled to
the weld caps
|Microprocessor:||Upgradable Software Platform|
|Shipping Weight:||314lb (142kg)|